The stately Fenix rises to glory with the combination of two very successful frames, the Excalibur (comfort, lightweight ) and Damocles (sharp-edged design). The Fenix brings the best of both frames to long distance riders and high-level competitors. A high-modulus carbon fibre frame stands up to the cobbled climbs and wild weather of northern Europe. For everyday North American riders, it translates into a deliciously stiff, yet comfortable, frame. Ridley relies on the time-tested strength of sharp-edged, diamond-shaped tubes to add strength to the tube profile. Its strength and rigidity are balanced with flattened seatstays so you're not left vibrating at the end of a long ride. A wide top tube flows into an oversized head tube, creating a seamless transition between comfort and stiffness – a give and take that continues throughout your ride.
- Fenix C HM carbon frame packs lots of strength into a lightweight frame, using both 30 and 24-ton high modulus unidirectional carbon fibre (one square centimetre of carbon withstands pressure up to 24 and 30 tons).
- Flat-sectioned seatstays add comfort to the rigid frame, dissipating and absorbing road vibration.
- Diamond tube-shaping has proven strength with high impact resistance, making a very strong, very stiff head, top, and down tube.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Internal wiring makes for a clean and aerodynamic frame, designed to accept either cables (mechanical) or electronic wires (Di2 or EPS).
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Full complement of top quality Ultegra components.
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed drivetrain allows smooth power transfer from the rider to the road.
- Asymmetric chainstay achieves superior bottom bracket and chainstay stiffness without compromising crankset interference.
- Speed is handled by 4ZA Cirrus caliper brakes.
- Cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset features an oversized flange and Spoke Dynamic Balance technology, incorporating an asymmetric rear rim to increase lateral and torsional rigidity and response for a higher performance lever.
- Pedals sold separately.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop, Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley Fenix HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|4ZA Cirrus (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Ultegra Compact 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
|Hub (front)||Fulcrum Racing 5|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Fulcrum Racing 5|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Ultegra 11-speed 11-25T|
|Rims||Fulcrum Racing 5|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Sport 700 x 23|