The stately Fenix rises to glory with the combination of two very successful frames, the Excalibur (comfort, lightweight ) and Damocles (sharp-edged design). The Fenix brings the best of both frames to long distance riders and high-level competitors. A high-modulus carbon fibre frame stands up to the cobbled climbs and wild weather of northern Europe. For everyday North American riders, it translates into a deliciously stiff, yet comfortable, frame. Ridley relies on the time-tested strength of sharp-edged, diamond-shaped tubes to add strength to the tube profile. Its strength and rigidity are balanced with flattened seatstays so you're not left vibrating at the end of a long ride. A wide top tube flows into an oversized head tube, creating a seamless transition between comfort and stiffness – a give and take that continues throughout your ride.
Shimano® components, 4ZA RC 30 wheelset, and Continental Ultra Race tires round out the C40 as an excellent gateway bike, with a solid group set and great performance.
- Frame uses both 30 and 24-ton high modulus unidirectional carbon fibre (one square centimetre of carbon withstands pressure up to 24 and 30 tons).
- Flat-section seatstays provide vertical flex and lateral stiffness to take the edge off of road vibrations.
- Diamond tube-shaping has proven strength properties with high impact resistance, making for a very strong, and very stiff head, top, and down tube.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting. Mechanical cable stopper can be removed for conversion to electronic shifting.
- Pressfit bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Full arsenal of classic Shimano 105 Components offer up consistency and durability.
- Wheels have a front spoke count of 28 radial laced, and a rear count of 28 cross laced for maximal power output.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley Fenix HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix HM carbon|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R561 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC R565 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Sora|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 12-28T|
|Rims||4ZA RC 30|
|Tires||Continental Ultra Race 700 x 23|