Really fast, really light and just utterly beautiful. Ridley analyzed every nuance of the Helium to see where excess could be removed and strength could be added. The result is a high-modulus carbon fibre frame that weighs in at less than 1kg. It gives you stiffness to stomp to a sprint finish and the lightness that sails over the loftiest peak. A pressfit bottom bracket optimizes your output, and ultra-thin seatstays increase lateral stiffness and vertical flex. Rounded shaping is used on the seat, top, and down tubes, offering the best stiffness-to-weight ratio with the least amount of material. An oversized, tapered headtube reduces weight and increases stiffness on the front end for heightened steering precision. Superior Shimano® Ultegra components and a Di2 11-speed drivetrain offers shifting speed and precision that was unimaginable even a few years ago.
- Frame uses high-grade carbon, 24 to 30-ton unidirectional high-modulus carbon fibre, to substantially lighten the frame. An unpainted size medium weighs in at less than 1kg (880g).
- Ultra-thin seatstays enhance your comfort with shock-absorbing vertical flex, balanced with lateral stiffness.
- Brakes and cassette are top-quality Ultegra components.
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 11-speed drivetrain allows precise fast shifting and smooth power transfer from the rider to the road.
- Cable routing is clean, aero, and compatible with mechanical and electronic shifting.
- Pressfit 30 bottom bracket allows the use of wider down tube and bottom bracket shell, providing maximum power output.
- Agile, aero Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheelset is hand-assembled by the Fulcrum techs and electronically tested to ensure reliability and outstanding performance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley Helium HM carbon|
|Fork||Helium HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||4ZA Cirrus Pro|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra Di2|
|Crank + rings||Rotor 3DF Semi-compact 52-36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano PF30 with BSA adaptor|
|Hub (front)||Fulcrum Racing Quattro|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Fulcrum Racing Quattro|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Ultegra 11-speed 11-25T|
|Rims||Fulcrum Racing Quattro|
|Tires||Continental Grand Prix 700 x 23|