Ridley's race pedigree and frame-building prowess shine in this uncomplicated and powerful build designed to stand up to the rigours of your local series. Bottom bracket rides high for clearance when digging deep in sharp corners, and the short wheelbase keeps handling nimble without it getting twitchy. Disc brakes deliver consistent braking when you're tearing up the grass circuit, and aggressive Challenge Grifo tires eat up the mud pits. A mix of Shimano® and 4ZA components keep costs down and deliver a package that's as good for the course as it is for open singletrack.
- Tough 7000-series T6 aluminum frame, which Ridley develops from the ground up.
- Outfitted with a range of Shimano components, from 105 to Tiagra, and CX Cyclocross specific.
- 4ZA Zornyc fork weighs around 670g.
- Avid BB7 mechanical disc brake set puts you in control of the speed.
- Compatible with mud guards and a rear carrier making the X-Bow a versatile ride.
- This model is not sold with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Frame||Ridley X-Bow 7005 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Avid BB7 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano FD-CX70|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer 46-36T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Exo|
|Hub (front)||Shimano HB-M475|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 12-28T|
|Tires||Challenge Grifo 700 x 32|
|Saddle||Velo VL 1353|