High-end protection with a secure fit system to keep it in place through washboard descents and unplanned dismounts. 25 vents make the Maraka so light and airy you’ll be patting your head to be sure it’s there.
- Composite Fusion Plus in-mold construction delivers a strong shell/liner bond, lighter weight and reduced impact forces.
- Lining uses 2 densities of EPS foam with the softer one closer to your head for added comfort.
- Strategically-placed foam pyramids disperse impact.
- Bumper fit system uses cross-polymer pads to absorb impact.
- Integrated air flow system with 25 vents.
- Super vent technology features a reinforced super structure in case of impact.
- Dual closure system with ratcheting system at the back of helmet for a precise fit.
- Breakaway visor.
- Winter/bug liner included for all-season riding.
|Ideal for||Mountain biking|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Dual ratchet system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).