In a regular bag, the down underneath your body tends to get crushed and provides very little insulating warmth. To save weight, the Ethel has no insulation on the underside. Instead, it uses an integrated sleeve where you can slide in your sleeping pad. The sleeve prevents your pad from shifting in the night. Cut a little roomier than a traditional mummy bag, it offers room at the hip rather than extra width at the shoulders and suits sleepers who curl up rather than lie flat.
- DownTek fill is treated for water repellency, and also has antimicrobial and antibacterial protection.
- Flow gate baffles prevent the down from shifting and creating cold spots.
- For winter conditions use a pad with an R-value of 4 or more. Petite fits a 51 x 168cm sleeping pad. Regular fits a 51 x 183cm pad.
- Compressed sizes are Petite 20 x 27cm, Regular 23 x 28cm.
- Built-in pocket keeps a pillow in place through the night.
- Liner loops for attaching a bag liner.
- Hang loops let you air it out in the sun.
- Draft flap covers the zipper.
- Includes a mesh storage bag.
|Seasons||Winter (-15°C to -40°C)|
|Insulation||650 fill-power goose down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.