Black Diamond Convergent Hoody - Women's
This jacket unites windproof protection with a layer of warming insulation and sends it out in a movable cut that allows you to make progress through fierce weather. The shell is seam taped, windproof, and highly water resistant to stop screaming wind and biting spindrift in their tracks. Featuring a PrimaLoft Gold Down Blend insulation that compresses like down and retains warmth when wet like synthetic insulation, it offers protection from intense cold for climbing, scrambling and ski mountaineering adventures. Patterned for movement in the vertical environment, it has a lean silhouette and streamlined cut.
- Shell is 2-layer GORE-TEX Windstopper Active soft shell fabric with a DWR finish to shed water.
- Insulation is PrimaLoft Gold, a blend of 30% synthetic insulation and 70% goose down that retains warmth in damp conditions.
- Fully taped construction keeps it storm proof.
- Helmet compatible adjustable hood.
- Brushed microsuede collar lining.
- Harness compatible chest pockets.
- Stretch media pocket has a cord port.
- Zippered hand pockets.
- Internal drop in storage pocket.
- Low profile stretch panel cuffs slide under gloves.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||700 fill-power goose down + polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.