Black Diamond Induction Shell - Women's
For done-in-a-day alpine missions, the BD Induction Shell stands up to rough rock, unruly weather and unrelenting mountain approaches. The Windstopper soft shell fabric has stretch and breathability to promote athletic days. Patterned to fit women, the cut is lean and streamlined to promote movement in the vertical environment.
- Fabric is 3-layer GORE-TEX Windstopper soft shell with taped, weatherproof seams.
- Adjustable hood slides over a helmet.
- YKK Vislon Aquaguard front zip.
- Zippered chest pockets with a cord port.
- Collar is lined with soft brushed microsuede.
- Cuffs have stretch panels to slide under gloves.
- Drawcord hem seals out weather.
|Face fabric||Nylon + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.