When your neighbourhood starts to resemble the tundra, you may need a winter layer like The Patagonia Wanaka. A warm, storm-proof bomber-style jacket with down insulation layered under a waterproof shell, it has deep-winter function, so you can go about your business in spite of the elements. The Traceable down is third-party certified to be non-live plucked and supplied from a facility that does not practice force feeding. An insulated hood, full-length storm flap and fleece-lined pockets round out its cold-season arsenal.
- 2-layer waterproof-breathable shell is polyester with an H2No® barrier and a Deluge® DWR finish.
- Insulated with high-loft, premium traceable duck down.
- Snap closure external storm flap.
- Adjustable snap closure cuffs.
- Removable insulated hood.
- 2 zippered, fleece-lined handwarmer pockets
- Zippered chest pocket on the right, one with a snap-closed flap on the left.
- Hip length cut. Slight drop tail hem to add coverage in the back.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||600 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|