Hostile forecast? Unpredictable conditions? This 3-in-1 has it cased. Working from the outside in, a 3-layer waterproof-breathable shell, fully welded seams and a durable water repellent (DWR) finish sets the precedent for extreme weather protection. Nothing is getting past it. The Traceable down is third-party certified to be non-live plucked and supplied from a facility that does not practice force feeding. Watertight zippers, low-profile storm flaps, and an adjustable and removable hood round out the details that can make or break a day.
- H2No® performance outer shell is treated with a Deluge DWR barrier for exceptional rain and wind protection.
- Recycled polyester zip-out jacket is insulated with high-loft premium traceable duck down.
- Chevron quilting pattern keeps the down in place and prevents dead air spaces.
- Fully welded seams keeps the promise of waterproofness.
- Hood adjusts and detaches to suit conditions.
- Storm flaps provide an additional layer of protection from wind's bite.
- Shell has 1 chest pocket, and 2 lower torso pockets with watertight, coated zippers for reduced zipper bulk and weight. All with zipper garages.
- Zip-out jacket has 2 lower torso, brushed-tricot lined, handwarmer pockets with zippers, ideal for hands, post-windshield cleaning. A zippered internal security pocket and a zippered chest pocket, both tricot-lined, make for ample safe storage.
- Zip-out jacket attaches to parka with centre-front zippers and snapped loops at cuffs and back neck.
- Hip length cut fro cold-weather coverage.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||600 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.