A bomber, big-mountain jacket engineered for extended exposure to all-out alpine conditions. The Super Alpine Jacket provides durable waterproof protection with Patagonia's most stormproof fabric. The 3-layer GORE-TEX is backed with a highly breathable RGR backer that also keeps the fabric light and supple. The body is reinforced in high-wear areas to resist abrasion from pack straps, ice and rock and the cut is trim to suit alpine climbing and ski mountaineering. An adjustable hood that slides over a helmet and Gasket Dry Cuffs round out the mountain-specific features.
- Made of 3-layer GORE-TEX Pro® fabric, reinforced with heavier fabric in key areas and coated with a durable DWR finish.
- Adjustable helmet compatible hood with laminated visor.
- Touch point system with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick and easy adjustment.
- Underarm zips allow venting.
- Pleated Gasket Dry cuffs provide a tight low profile seal to keep water out while you work with your arms overhead.
- Trim fit suits climbing and ski mountaineering.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|