Bomber, big-mountain pants engineered for wind-swept alluvial plains or Cascade storm conditions. The Super Alpine Bibs Pants provide durable waterproof protection in mountain settings. Cut trim through the body and legs, they work well for alpine climbing and ski mountaineering. The low bib is unconstricting and doesn't add bulk when worn under a backpack or harness. Scuff guards, internal gaiters, and tie-down loops on the cuffs round out the mountain-specific design.
- Made of 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX Pro® treated with DWR.
- Scuff guards are 2-layer polyurethane-coated nylon that adds abrasion resistance.
- 2 thigh pockets with slim zippers.
- Fully separating side zips with watertight coated zippers let you vent on the uptrack.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable suspenders with drop seat configuration.
- Articulated knees and seat.
- Ski-boot compatible lower legs have external scuff guards, internal gaiters, gripper elastic cuffs and tie down loops.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||Full-length waterproof leg zips|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.