There's a lot going on in a transition station, and these lightweight shoes can help. Mavic's cleverly designed strap system stays open when not in use so you can leave the shoes clipped-in and ready to go – all you need to do is slide your feet in (no ratcheting and buckling for you). Once you’re on the bike, a large Velcro® strap secures you in with a near-perfect fit and minimizes the amount of moving around your foot does in the shoe, which means more power gets transferred to the pedals.
- Uppers are made of quick-drying synthetic materials.
- Highly breathable mesh uppers and inserts means that moisture from T1 and sweat from the ride will evaporate quickly, whether you’re wearing socks or going barefoot.
- Easy On Straps allows for easy and rapid transitions – it stays open so you can jump right in after your swim.
- Velcro® closures gives you a precise, secure fit and lets you make quick adjustments when you’re on the fly.
- Triathlon-specific heel loops minimizes slippage.
- Dual-density sock liners with composite insoles dampen road vibrations. The high-density rear cradles your heels for comfort.
- Antimicrobial protected insoles.
- Low stack height of 7.5mm keeps you close to the pedals for more efficient pedalling.
- Outsoles are lightweight, stiff and thin for exceptional power transfer (and a super-efficient pedal stroke means you save energy for your run without sacrificing any speed).
- Outsoles are made from composite glass fibres and a nylon insert that's been reinforced with carbon.
|Ideal for||Bike triathlon|
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
|Pedal compatibility||3-hole clipless|
|Outsole||Nylon + fibreglass + carbon|
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.