Black Diamond Flow State Hoody - Men's
Put it on and leave it on, so you can be single-minded about your objective. The Flow State Hoody permits easy movement and layers well under a shell. When it's warm enough, you can wear it as a wind blocking outer layer. It offers the highly breathable protection of GORE-TEX Windstopper fabric that helps maintain a comfortable microclimate as you move through varying conditions. Great for alpine climbing or ski mountaineering, and moving quickly in the mountains.
- 3-layer soft-shell fabric is GoreTex Windstopper, with stretchy knit polyester on the outside and a smooth backing fabric for comfort on the inside.
- Form-fitting hood fits smoothly under a helmet.
- Zippered hand pockets.
- Low profile cuffs are stretchy for easy pairing with handwear.
- Lean fit is patterned for vertical movement.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.