Black Diamond Stance Belay Hoody - Men's
For days when the outcome is unknown, but the route looks eminently do-able. This lean belay layer has a streamlined cut that is climbing-capable, or can by layered under a shell jacket if conditions demand you hunker down. The adjustable hood fits over your helmet without making you feel constricted. It packs easily, yet still offers ample warmth on shady north faces, spindrift-filled belay nooks and blustery summit ridges.
Shell is Pertex nylon with a DWR finish.
- Insulated with PrimaLoft Silver High-Loft ® compressible insulation that's lighter under the arms for freedom of movement.
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood.
- 2 zippered hand pockets, 2 interior drop in pockets, 1 exterior zippered chest pocket.
- Stretch gusset cuffs are low-profile to slot easily under your gloves.
- Drawcord hem.
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.