Black Diamond Cold Forge Parka - Women's
The Cold Forge Parka is a packable portable furnace that seals in heat. The water-resistant insulation blends down and synthetics to offer compressible warmth that retains heat when it's damp. It's cut to hip length for maximum coverage, with a packable profile that won't fill up your whole pack. Great for cold, shady belay sessions and high ridgelines that lead to great powder turns.
- Shell is Pertex Microlight treated with water-shedding DWR.
- Insulation is PrimaLoft Gold, and 70% down blend with 30% PrimaLoft that compresses like down and retains warmth when wet.
- Sewn-through construction with deep, widely spaced baffles.
- Lining is DWR treated to protect the insulation.
- Adjustable helmet compatible hood.
- Zippered chest pocket, 2 internal drop in storage pockets, zippered hand pockets.
- Stretch gusseted cuffs fit over gloves.
- Drawcord hem cinches around hips.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||700 fill-power goose down + polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.