Worn by Team Sky, this sleek road helmet offers unparalleled protection. An aero design lets you blow by the competition on your signature uphill attack. A semi-rigid polycarbonate shell feels weightless on, and 19 vents and 2 layers of CoolMax ensure you stay cool under pressure. A unique hinge adjustment cinches the fit, and is further complemented by a non-slip rubber coating at the base of the neck to keep it place.
- Protective polycarbonate outer shell, with a polystyrene inner shell.
- Removable and washable interior padding is made of double-layer CoolMax.
- Non-allergenic faux leather chin pad.
- Hinge adjustment allows for both size and up/down modifications for a customized comfort fit.
- 19 air vents to keep you cool while you break away.
- Neck pad coated with non-stick rubber.
- Nylon thermo fixed straps.
- Straps are woven with reflective strips and secured with a quick release buckle.
- Luminescent strap clips and reflective rear sticker adds heightened visibility.
- Complete with its own carrying bag.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).