Designed for ski touring, this alpine soft shell jacket works well for skinning up steep gullies and topping out on wind-scoured ridges. It has waterproof abrasion-resistant Pertex on the shoulders, where you'll be exposed to wetness and snow. The soft shell uppers breathe when you're breaking miles of trail. The lean cut layers well, promotes movement, and minimizes dead air space inside.
- Made of stretch woven nylon, polyester and spandex soft shell fabric.
- Shoulders are covered with Pertex Shield 3-layer nylon and spandex.
- Lined with brushed polyester.
- Adjustable, wire-brimmed hood with Halo hood closure fits over hats or helmets.
- In-pocket goggle wipe with tether.
- Single separating centre front zip with an internal storm flap.
- 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 secure chest pocket with a media port, 2 internal drop-in pockets.
- Low-profile underarm zips.
- Hook-and-loop cuff closures.
- Articulated elbows.
- Drawcord hem seals in heat.
|Type||Waterproof-breathable softshell hybrid|
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
|Face fabric||Polyester + spandex|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|