For riding lifts in the cold, waiting in line, and even for winter camping, puffy pants have no equal. These are fully waterproof with taping at every seam. Thigh vents to let you air things out when you start to work up a sweat, and lots of pockets keep your stuff where you can find it.
- Made of 2-layer waterproof-breathable polyester with a brushed inner surface.
- Seam taped for waterproofness.
- Lining and shell have a DWR (durable water repellency) water-shedding treatment.
- Insulation is Hyperloft synthetic (60g) quilted to the liner.
- Zip fly, snap and belt loops.
- 2 front slash zippered pockets with fleece lining
- Zippered thigh pocket has key clip.
- Mesh lined thigh vents have YKK water-resistant zippers.
- Articulated knees.
- Ankle zips and internal gaiters that close with snaps and hook-and-loop.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow.
- Inseam is 33in.(all sizes).
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined thigh vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|