Our first ultralight 2-person tent, the Spark 2 adds more roomy luxury to minimalist adventurers than a bivy sack or tarp setup. Made of nylon with a ripstop polyester fly, it weighs in at a kilo and a half or about 750g per person, and gives you interior space to hang out and read, escape bugs and sleep soundly. With room to store your packs inside, you can forget nights in a bivy sack, and live large in your free-standing tent.
- Nylon mesh canopy adds breathability.
- Polyester fly has great UV resistance, and stretches less than nylon when wet.
- Reinforcement points where the brow pole touches the fly.
- Fully seam taped.
- Floor has excellent tear strength.
- YKK zippers on 2 D-shaped doors.
- Reflective zipper pulls, stake out cords and door tie backs.
- Tapered floor design is smaller at the foot than at the head to save weight.
- Anodized poles connect with Jake’s foot attachment clips.
- Slider lets you tension the webbing to keep the fly taut in changing weather.
- 2 interior pockets store your flashlight and other essentials.
- Comes with a pole repair sleeve, guylines and a spare Jake's foot that can be tied on to the webbing corners of the tent in case your Jake's foot breaks.
- Included 9 DAC J stakes and pole storage bag.
- Footprint available separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||30-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.05m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.44sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.44sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.