We sent our popular Volt 2 to fitness camp where it lost half a kilo. Now called the Volt 2 LT, it’s faster, lighter, sharper looking and better outfitted. Yet it still delivers the same amount of living room and 3-season solidity that made the original a hit. In your pack or strapped to your bike rack, it’s barely noticeable. In camp, it’s conspicuously spacious and comfortable.
- Single-piece pole set with a centre hub assembles quickly and easily.
- Crossed-wedge design and upper crossed poles provide generous headroom and great stability.
- Ultra-light 30-denier polyester ripstop fly has great UV-resistance and stretches less than nylon when wet.
- Translucent fly, light coloured canopy, and fluoro-green floor keep the interior ambience upbeat even in dull weather.
- Lower fabric canopy keeps out windblown rain, sand, or snow and keeps in warmth while the upper is made of mesh to maximize breathability so you'll get less condensation.
- Twin vestibules, each with its vent, ensure you both have gear storage and a way out without waking your tent mate.
- Pegs are DAC J-stakes, with a V-cross section that holds better than needle or wire styles.
- Guy lines are reflective and have glove-friendly tensioners.
- Poles anodized without heavy metals reduce its environmental impact.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||30-denier polyester ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||30-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.02m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||55 x 17cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.8sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.