Light enough for backpacking, big enough for the whole family. With room to sleep 4 adults, the Volt 4 is great for hiking trips or kayak tours. It’s light enough to bring for 3 people who like a lot of room for sleeping or stashing gear. Divide the weight among the whole crew, and everyone gets a manageable load for travel and a spacious home when you set up camp for the night.
- 1-piece pole set with a centre hub assembles quickly and easily.
- Crossed-wedge design and upper crossed poles provide generous headroom and great stability.
- Ultra-light 30-denier polyester ripstop fly has great UV-resistance and stretches less than nylon when wet.
- Translucent fly, light coloured canopy, and fluoro-green floor keep the interior ambience upbeat even in dull weather.
- Lower fabric canopy holds warmth and keeps out blowing rain or sand, mesh upper provides venting so you get less condensation.
- Twin vestibules, each with its vent, ensure you both have gear storage and a way out without waking your tent mate.
- Pegs are DAC J-stakes, with a V-cross section that holds better than needle or wire styles.
- Guy lines are reflective and have glove-friendly tensioners.
- Poles anodized without heavy metals reduce the environmental impact.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||30-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.35m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||63 x 20.5cm|
|Pole diameter||9.6 and 10.25mm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||1.5sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.5sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.