MEC Calidity Parka - Women's
Put a stop to feeling frozen. This down parka extends down to mid-thigh and delivers warmth that your whole body will revel in. Curved seams create a feminine silhouette, and the faux-fur trim around the hood cuts stiff winds – even at Portage and Main.
- Shell is waterproof-breathable 2-layer construction with a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment to shed snow. No taped seams so water could sneak through during heavy rain.
- Insulated with 550-fill-power duck down to surround you in warmth.
- Faux-fur trim around the hood is removable.
- Smooth recycled polyester lining glides over sweaters and base layers.
- 2-way front zipper with a wind flap that snaps closed for an extra layer of protection against icy gusts.
- Cinch the internal drawcord at the waist to seal in heat.
- On-seam zippered pockets reduce bulk, and make a great refuge for chilled hands.
- Inner pockets to secure your phone and cards.
- Cuffs have knitted fleece inside and close with hook-and-loop tabs.
- Hanging loop inside.
- Centre back length is 36.25in. for size medium.
- Care instructions: Remove faux fur. Front loading machine wash cold on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low with tennis balls. Do not iron or dry clean. To clean faux fur, hand wash and air dry.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Technology||Monolithic PU laminate|
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.