MEC Kimber Jacket - Women's
Full weather protection in a silhouette that’s a pleasure to wear. This jacket has quilted insulation nestled under a waterproof-breathable exterior, and its stand-up collar keeps your neck warm even when the hood’s down. Thoughtful details like fleece-lined pockets and a 2-way zipper make it easy to move warmly and comfortably around town, and the three-quarter length adds some welcome coverage when the winds pick up.
- Durable 2-layer, waterproof-breathable construction.
- DWR (durable water repellency) coating to shed water and mist.
- Quilted polyester insulation for warmth, and lined with recycled polyester with a DWR finish.
- Insulated hood with an adjustable drawcord.
- 2-way zipper has an insulated placket that snaps closed.
- Drawcord at waist to refine the silhouette.
- Cuffs fasten with hidden snaps to keep wind from sneaking up your sleeves.
- Soft fleece-lined handwarmer pockets have snap closures.
- Internal pocket secures with a zipper and is fleece-lined.
- Hem with drawcord and small kick vent.
- Centre back length is 33.5in. for size medium.
- Care instructions: Turn garment inside-out while washing and drying. Front loading machine wash cold on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester (body) + 60g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.