Street-smart looks, shoulder season versatility. The insulated lining and hood buffer you from cool blasts of air, and the smooth polyester lining slips over base layers easily. A solid choice for clear, cool days when you need more warmth than a windbreaker, but aren’t quite ready to break out your winter jacket.
- Main fabric is wool and nylon with a soft flannel-like texture.
- Contrast fabric is polyester with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed light moisture.
- Lined with supple recycled polyester taffeta.
- Insulated with polyester for warmth.
- 3-panel hood and storm placket over the front zipper for when the wind picks up.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets in case you forget your gloves.
- Inner chest pocket has a zipper to keep cards and keys secure.
- Centre back length is 28.75in. for size medium.
- Care instructions: Hand wash cold. Do not bleach. Reshape dry flat. Do not tumble dry. Steam iron low when needed. Do not dry clean.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||Wool + nylon|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.