MEC Oreithya Pants - Women's
Totally waterproof with a slopestyle cut yet packable enough for backcountry missions, these hardshell pants are a versatile choice for go-anywhere riders. Fully taped seams and waterproof-breathable fabric seals out water, yet provides enough breathability to stay cool while churning up approach tracks in the backcountry.
- Outer shell is nylon, spandex GORE-TEX with a waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR finish.
- Internal gaiters are made of Schoeller stretch-woven nylon, spandex soft shell.
- Fully taped seams provide outstanding waterproofing.
- Gusseted crotch.
- Outer thigh vents use water-resitant zippers.
- Front thigh pockets feature water-resistant zippers and key clips.
- Zippered fly with top snaps.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||1 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Long inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'long'.