MEC Socked-In Hoodie - Women's
One jacket to rule them all. It's insulated, waterproof-breathable and totally packable. Built for light and fast alpine, ice or backcountry missions, it's breathable enough to handle the intense moments. The ripstop shell is light, but won't end up shredded if you have to belay from a tight corner. Body mapped insulation keeps the fit movement-optimized and keeps the jacket slim enough to fit in the lead pack, so you can throw it on when you reach the anchor. Flexible underarm panels, stretch threads used for the quilting, and a storm adjustable hood round out the features of a jacket that's fully acclimatized to mountain environments.
- Breathable and waterproof, the shell is nylon ripstop with a waterproof-breathable polyurethane hydrophilic laminate and a DWR finish.
- Ripstop nylon liner offers high air permeability so you can keep it on for approaches without it feeling clammy.
- Primaloft Gold synthetic insulation is body mapped to add warmth and retain mobility.
- Lining and inner insulation layer are quilted with stretchy thread to hold in warmth and aid flexibility.
- 3-panel insulated hood is fully adjustable with a stiffened brim for unhindered vision in flurries or rain.
- Seams are sealed and bonded to keep the weight down, and keep wetness out.
- Interior loop in back of neck.
- Underarm gusset panels for good range of motion
- Wide interior elastic on sleeve cuffs anchors them in place.
- Handwarmer pockets have Uretek water-resistant zippers.
- Internal drop in pockets feature elastic binding and laser-cut venting to dry gloves and damp items.
- Curved hem is dropped in back for coverage when sitting or reaching.
- Turn inside-out for washing and drying. Wash in a front loading machine in cold, on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron or dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester (body) + 80g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.