MEC Warm Obsession Hoodie - Women's
Exceptional warmth without compromising breathability. Inspired by the popular MEC Obsession Hoodie, this jacket incorporates the warmest weight of Polartec Alpha insulation for you to crush routes and lines in high alpine settings and cold temps. With a light soft shell fabric covering the insulation, the Obsession allows you to climb and ski in demanding conditions without feeling like you need to stop and micro-adjust layers to stay comfortable. It's DWR-treated to shed water when you wear it as an outer layer, and the streamlined cut also works as a mid-layer. Designed exclusively for women with close input from our female MEC Ambassadors, it's now a mainstay in their cold-weather layering systems.
- Outer fabric is Toray Airtastic 20-denier nylon soft shell fabric that’s wind-resistant and has awesome breathability.
- Outer surfaces have a DWR (durable water repellency) finish for protection from wetness.
- Quilted Polartec High Pile Alpha in the body (120g), sleeves (80g) and hood (60g) remains warm and breathable in damp conditions.
- Liner is ripstop nylon with high air permeability for good breathability.
- Inside and insulation are quilted with stretch thread to hold warmth next to your body and provide mobility.
- Helmet-compatible 3-panel hood has an elastic edge binding to seal out drafts.
- Internal stormflap covers zipper and a foldover chinguard protects your skin.
- Box pleat at centre back creates a feminine silhouette that also increases your range of motion.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets on side seams to stow gear or gloves.
- Inner knit cuffs with thumb loops for extra warmth and easy layering.
- Curved hem is slightly longer in the back for coverage, and has elastic to hold it in place.
- Centre back length is 27 1/8in. for size medium.
- Turn garment inside-out while washing and drying. Front loading machine wash cold on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron or dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||120g/sq. m polyester (body) + 80g/sq. m polyester arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Thumb loops|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.