Getting first tracks feels that much sweeter when you look this good. The most premium jacket MEC has ever made means some serious style longevity, be it on the slopes or in the city. Full seam taping and waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX construction make this jacket a no brainer. A combination of 850 fill-power DWR-treated diamond quilted down and PrimaLoft Gold synthetic insulation means fewer stops in the lodge and more time on the hill. Additional features like a helmet compatible hood, ripstop lining, and snow pant attachable powder skirt ensure maximum run endurance on powder days. No bluebird day is complete without a soundtrack—this Sweet Shot comes equipped with an internal chest pocket complete with media port.
- Nylon and polyester face fabric with 2-layer GORE-TEX waterproof-breathable PTFE laminate and a durable water repellent (DWR) finish.
- Full seam taping keep you warm and dry.
- Ripstop polyester lining with DWR finish stands up to wear and tear.
- Responsibly-sourced goose down throughout the body is diamond quilted into the lining for even insulation.
- Top of the line PrimaLoft Gold synthetic sleeve insulation.
- Helmet compatible lightly insulated hood features a stay-put cordlock and stiff brim to cut the wind.
- Water resistant YKK Aquaguard zipper.
- Mesh lined underarm zips easily assist in temperature adjustment.
- Equipped with RECCO reflector technology.
- Powder skirt features gripper elastic and loop for easy attachment to compatible snow pants.
- 2-way zipper is water-resistant YKK Aquaguard and outfitted with inner storm flap and fleece inner face near the chin.
- Internal chest pocket with media port to carry your tunes.
- Stretchy storm cuffs with hidden thumb loops.
- Internal draw cord creates feminine silhouette.
- Longer length hits at upper thigh and longer back with curved hem add stylish detail.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||Mesh-lined underarm vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.