These modular mitts are engineered for the cold mountain conditions and stand up to 100-day seasons. They’re seriously warm, waterproof and breathable to suit extended mountaineering or ski touring. The removable, insulated liner has a unique trigger finger that offers enough dexterity to adjust buckles or thread a belay device.
- Pertex Shield shell has 4-way stretch with the 100% waterproof-breathable protection of GORE-TEX XCR laminate.
- Removable liners use PrimaLoft® Gold microfiber insulation that disperses condensation effectively. Boiled wool over the the back of the hand adds warmth without retaining odour.
- Goat leather palms are supple yet extremely durable.
- One-handed super-cinch gauntlet and ladderlock wrist closures.
- Black Diamond recommended temperature range is -29 to -12°C.
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Hand warmer pocket
The gloves or mitts feature a small pocket to insert a heater pack for extra warmth.