MEC Aquanator 2 Jacket - Youths
A little rough weather should not prevent junior funhogs from getting outside. The fully waterproof-breathable fabric on the Aquanator Jacket ensures dryness through wet and windy conditions. The boys jacket is cut a little straighter through the body and easily fits over several warm layers or just a light jacket as conditions require.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant nylon with a breathable coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Chin guard is soft against skin.
- Reflective detail on back of hood and back of lower arms.
- Zippered hand pockets for thawing fingers.
- Storm flap over zipper keeps weather out.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs seal out the cold and damp.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.