Play hard, in any weather. This waterproof, insulated one-piece suit is great for winter activities like riding in a sled, child carrier or bike trailer, or building their first snowman. Redesigned for 2018 based on member feedback, the Toaster Bunting Suit is tougher than ever. Durable waterproof fabric helps them stay warm and dry through hours in the snow, and it's abrasion-resistant to stand up to the demands of serious play.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 150-denier 2-layer polyester with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lining is recycled polyester.
- Insulated with MEC Hyperloft, which stays warm even when wet.
- Attached hood is toggle-free for safety.
- Interior fleece-lined collar provides warmth and comfort.
- Dual front zippers allow for easy on/off and quick diaper access. Zippers have full-coverage storm flaps to keep out the cold.
- Elasticized wrist with polyester fleece storm cuffs and integrated mitts for additional warmth and protection.
- Internal gaiters have fleece storm cuffs to seal out snow.
- Raglan sleeves, articulated knees and a gussetted crotch for easy movement.
- Elastic at back of waist for a trim fit.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
- 24-month is equivalent sizing to 2T.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Insulation||240g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|