MEC Toaster Parka - Children to Youths
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
The comfort of the youngest members of your tribe can make or break a family’s winter trip. As its name implies, the Toaster provides much needed warmth in cold temperatures. Thoughtful details include soft trim around the neck and pockets, reflective piping, zipper pulls that can be grabbed with mittened hands, and insulation that's tapered in the arms, so movement isn't limited .
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 150-denier 2-layer polyester with a polyurethane waterproof breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Printed lining glides over layers. Made of recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 300g MEC™ Hyperloft in the body to keep the body core warm, and 240g Hyperloft in the arms and hood for freedom of movement.
- Trimmed with 360-degree reflective piping on hood, chest, and arms.
- Hood has internal elastic to seal in heat.
- Fleece lined collar with a fold-over chin guard for comfort and warmth.
- Full-coverage storm flap on front zipper, secured with hook-and-loop closure.
- Elasticized cuffs have internal storm cuffs to keep out cold and snow.
- 2 front cargo pockets with flap and snap closures. Ski pass attachment in right pocket.
- 2 hidden fleece-lined handwarmer pockets with zips behind the cargo pockets.
- Large internal drop-in pocket.
- Durable, child-friendly zipper pulls.
- Built in powder skirt keeps snow out and heat in.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.