MEC Skyline Jacket - Girls' - Youths
A winter jacket should look good, keep your warm, and last for more than one season. With its faux fur trim, cinched waist, and east-coast worthy insulation, the Skyline is a brilliant choice for discerning girls. Knit cuffs keep out icy winds, and the fleecy neck and pocket linings add a welcome soft layer next to your skin. When you don't want the full coverage of the hood, the high collar offers a pod of warmth where you can tuck your chin and survey the winter scene around you.
- Fabric is polyester with a brushed face and polyurethane coating that blocks wind.
- Recycled polyester lining has a DWR finish for comfort and water resistance.
- Insulated hood features a detachable faux fur trim for added warmth and style.
- 300g synthetic insulation in body, 240g in sleeves, hood, and collar add warmth that's still supple and flexible.
- Brushed fleece trim inside collar and pockets.
- Knit cuffs have hook-and-loop closures.
- Metal hardware and zippers.
- Small internal pocket fits a phone or a couple granola bars.
- Headphone routing loop above pocket.
- Hanger loop and sewn in name label.
- Center back length is 24.5in. (size 8 – add 1in. for each size)
- Turn inside-out for washing and drying. Wash in a front loading machine, in cold water on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Polyester + polyurethane|
|Insulation||300g/sq. m polyester (body) + 240g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.