MEC Metropole Jacket - Boys' - Youths
Urban style gets a twist with front cargo-style pockets that add a cool look to an ultra-warm jacket. 550-fill power duck down stays put thanks to sewn-through construction and an attached down-filled hood keeps your neck and head toasty.
- Shell is DWR-treated recycled polyester taffeta with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish.
- Lining is recycled polyester taffeta with a DWR finish.
- Insulation is 550-fill power duck down, with sewn-through construction to prevent shifting.
- Attached 3-panel insulated hood with internal elastics to seal out drafts.
- Front storm flap with snaps.
- Front patch cargo pockets with flaps and hidden snaps.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets behind cargo pockets.
- Elastic cuffs also have hook-and-loop adjustment.
- Interior hanger loop.
- Fleece chin guard.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.