A full instrument suite in a tough, compact package that’s comfortable to wear. The second hand multi-tasks as a north needle for the compass and displays differentials from previous altimeter/barometer readings. Solar charging and atomic timekeeping keep the PRW5050BN up and accurate during every month of your thru-hike. A soft silicone band ensures at least your wrist is pampered while the rest of you gets thrashed.
- One-touch access to digital compass, barometric pressure/altitude and temperature readings.
- Multi-band atomic timekeeping calibrates from radio signals.
- Digital compass displays direction as one of 16 points with 20 seconds continuous measurement. Also has bidirectional calibration and declination correction.
- Altimeter measures -700m to 10,000m in 5m increments. 14 record capacity, high/low altitudes, cumulative ascent/descent memory, and altitude tendency graph.
- Barometer has a display range of 260 to 1,100 hPa with a pressure tendency graph.
- Thermometer displays -10 to 60°C in 0.1°C increments.
- Full auto LED backlight with afterglow.
- Luminous hand and markers.
- World time with 29 time zones (29 cities + UTC), city name display, and daylight saving on/off.
- 5 daily alarms (4 one-time alarms and 1 snooze alarm).
- Solar battery runs approximately 5 months on full charge without exposure to light.
- Power saving function.
- Water resistant to 100 metres.
- Soft silicone band is soft, yet tear and abrasion resistant.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Vertical speed indicator||No|
Devices with a logging function will track and store altitude changes over a specific period of time. This allows you to track the changes in elevation and total elevation gained or lost during a climb, hike, or ride. It also enables you to track the number of runs you do on a stellar ski day!
|Heading in degrees||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor||No|
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
|Max split time||3|
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Chest strap||Not compatible|