Designed for runners who log consistent miles and need a responsive shoe that is still softly resilient. Spring and comfort are the hallmarks of the Nike Lunarglide 6. It uses soft Lunarlon foam for an ultra-smooth ride. The sole is developed to highlight and accentuate natural motion and the rubber outsole is mapped to your gait to add traction and durability while retaining lightness.
- Uppers use ultra-thin mesh over breathable foam that conforms to the natural shape of your foot and provides ventilation and support where you need it.
- Flywire Dynamic Fit technology wraps the midfoot for a glove-like feel.
- Minimal no-sew overlays deliver seam-free comfort and support.
- Seamless thin bootie lines the interior.
- Fitsole sockliner moulds to the shape of your foot for underfoot support and comfort.
- 2-piece midsole features firm Phylon foam on the medial side for support and stability and soft re-engineered Lunarlon foam on the lateral side for smooth, cushioned transitions.
- Dynamic support platform provides stability without adding weight or stiffness.
- Outsole design maps rubber to running pressure to provide traction and durability at a reduced overall weight.
- Moulded blades and flex grooves promote a natural range of motion.
- High-wearing heel area is BRS 1000 carbon rubber for maximum abrasion resistance.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.