Gear-intensive missions demand a pack with thoughtful features designed for the operation at hand. The ultralight Pace 36 is rigged to carry skis, a snowboard or snowshoes and it's big enough for overnight gear. The overall weight is less than 1 kg., but if that seems excessive, you can strip out the U-frame to pare it down for speed and minimal weight.
- Tensioned Delrin U-frame is flexible, stable and light.
- Padded back panel features breathable 3-D AirMesh.
- Hipbelt has mesh pocket and gear loops.
- Compression straps can be doubled to carry skis A-frame style, or fasten in the centre to carry a snowboard or snowshoes.
- Pole and ice axe attachments.
- SOS label inside with international signaling information.
- Front and rear reflectors show up in a companion’s headlamp.
- Stretch side pockets for water bottles, pickets or wands.
- Internal valuables pocket.
- Front flap pocket holds gloves, skins or a helmet.
- Fixed lid with pocket.
- Wet clothing compartment.
|Main fabric||100-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.