New Balance W1080v4 Road Running Shoes - Women's
Dream shoes for high-mileage runners seeking a luxurious ride. Seamless FantomFit uppers create a snug, firm fit. Premium cushioning in the midsole and heel give you exceptional response as you push off. Stability comes a T-Beam central cross-section and an asymmetric heel counter.
- Uppers fuse 2 thin materials without using stitching to provide ultralight support and fit.
- Midsoles are Acteva Lite foam for great cushioning and rebound.
- Light, flexible TPU shanks have a T-beam cross-section for optimum torsional stability and arch support.
- N2 cushioned bottom units are responsive and durable, with a low profile to keep your feet close to the ground.
- Abzorb heel crash pads blend cushioning and compression set to disperse point-of-impact forces.
- Abzorb Strobel board runs full length of shoe to maximize shock absorption and comfort
- Outsole are blown rubber for durability.
|Ideal for||Road running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.