You put in hours in the saddle like a pro, but you’re not sponsored – yet. Until then, these wheels and tires bring you contender-worthy performance without breaking the 4-figure price point. Cutting-edge tech includes inter-spoke milling to lighten the rims without sacrificing rigidity, and the reduced inertia gives you extra power on climbs. Sticky rubber and ground-gripping treads keep you in control as you blaze down steep gradients.
- Made with Maxtal aluminum alloy (30% more resistant than 6106 alloy) for lightweight, strong rims.
- Only inner rim bridges are drilled for spoke installation. Intact outer rim bridges provide better resistance to fatigue stress and increased rigidity for improved power transfer.
- Hub body is 100% aluminum, and contact area between pawl and hub body is reinforced with a stainless steel insert.
- Cartridge bearings are double sealed with C3 internal clearance, with micro-adjustability for maximum fluidity or high precision for all-weather rides.
- CNC-machined surfaces reduces brake shudder.
- Double-sealed bearing hubs.
- Steel spokes are bladed and straight pull for stiffness and response.
- Spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed on the non-drive side. The improved tension balance reduces maintenance and increases stiffness under load for better energy transmission.
- Yksion Pro tires have 127 TPI casings and a dual compound rubber with super soft edges and a hard centre. Tread offers low rolling resistance and good grip in any weather.
- Includes user guide and adjustment wrench.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
|Recommended tire width||19-32|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
Front hub width
The hub width must fit the inside distance between the two fork ends (dropouts).
|Rear hub width||130mm|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
Effective Rim Diameter (ERD) is measured in millimeters. It is needed for calculating the correct spoke length.
|Rims||Mavic Ksyrium Elite S|