Could there be anything better than a headlamp that adjusts light output to the situation? We don't think so. Its integrated sensor analyzes and responds to reflected light. So when you start reading a map, the beam becomes soft and diffused. When you're moving, it uses a wide, mid-bright setting to show immediate obstacles. When you glance ahead, it brightens and narrows to let you pick out details.
- Constant lighting mode can be customized with Petzl® software to create 4 personal profiles to suit activity.
- Bigger rechargeable lithium ion battery (now 2600mAh) adds brightness. (Also uses 2 AAA batteries, with reduced performance.)
- Level 1 output in reactive mode: 1 to 575 lumens, range of 10 to 135m. In constant mode: 430 lumen max, range of 130m, burn time of 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Level 2 output: 7 to 290 lumens, range of 10 to 80m. In constant mode: 120 lumen max, range of 60m, burn time of 8 hours.
- Includes 30cm USB cable for recharging from USB port on laptops, solar panels or battery banks.
- Multifunction on/off switch can be locked to avoid accidental activation during storage or transport.
- Helmet strap included.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Programmable or reactive|
|Beam distance - low||10m|
|Beam distance - high||130m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Burn time - low||8 h|
|Burn time - high||1.5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||USB charger|
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 2600mAh (included)|