MEC Watershed Jacket - Youths
MEC Watershed Jacket - Youths
- Available prices Clearance price $99.00 $99.00
- Original price $119.00
This item ships FREE!
- Available online
- Check store availability
Cannot be shipped to USA.
With a casual look, this versatile, high-performance shell jacket is designed for young teens who love all things outdoors. From leadership camp and ski holidays to morning rides and rainy treks, it's a durable piece of gear that offers complete wet-weather coverage year-round.
- Fabric is waterproof-breathable polyurethane coated recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Fully seam-sealed to help keep the elements out.
- Recycled polyester lining glides easily over layers.
- Soft microfleece inner hood, chinguard and handwarmer pockets.
- Ergonomically shaped hood blocks winter chill without impeding vision.
- Cuffs seal tightly with internal fleece storm cuffs with thumbholes as well as hook-and-loop closure tabs
- Front-zipper has a wind flap to seal drafts out and warmth in.
- Zipper pulls especially designed to facilitate gloves.
- Articulated elbows for easy movement.
- 2 handwarmer pockets, 2 lower chest pockets with flaps.
- Ski pass holder inside right hand pocket.
- Hip length, with a roomy fit that allows for easy layering.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Close all zips and hook-and-loop closures before washing. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Rinse thoroughly. Tumble dry on low. Steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.