Five Ten Hiangle Rock Shoes - Men's
If you're not into packing a quiver of shoes out to the crag, this one brings the right balance of affordability, comfort and performance. A down-turned toe and somewhat aggressive shape offer a snug and precise fit for high-performance cragging, bouldering, and sport climbing.
- Uppers are breathable unlined leather.
- Slipper style with Velcro® strap and elastic panels
- Extended rand aids toe hooking.
- Supportive midsole edges on scanty dime-sized incuts.
- Outsoles are time-tested Stealth® C4 rubber that's durable, yet sticky in high-friction situations.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
A highly tensioned shoe tends to push your foot forward to create a powerful curve in your toes.