This super-connectable GPS comes pre-loaded with topo maps for Canada. Beauty, eh? It receives email, texts and alerts from your iPhone®, pairs with optional sensors to keep you fit, and wirelessly shares routes, waypoints and geocaches with compatible devices. You can download geotagged pictures from the net and navigate to their locations, and share your progress with friends and family via Live Tracking. Garmin has even thrown in a free year-long subscription to their BirdsEye™ service, so you can download satellite images and integrate them with your maps for a clear picture of your surroundings.
- Button controls are glove-friendly.
- Dual GPS/GLONASS receiver monitors 2 separate satellite constellations for faster position fixes and greater reliability under forest canopies and in canyons.
- Built-in 3-axis compass with tilt compensation for accuracy on the go or at rest.
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes for more accurate altitude readings and monitoring weather trends.
- Displays Smart Notifications from iPhone 4s or later via 2.4GHz ANT+ or
- Bluetooth 4.0 so you can keep your phone out of the weather.
- Pairs with optional HRM strap, Foot Pod or Speed and Cadence sensors for workouts.
- Preloaded with geocaches from geocaching.com.
- Accepts free BaseCamp software to display topographic maps with contour lines and elevation profiles on your computer.
- Compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, which converts paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device.
- Optional NiMH battery pack (available separately) can be charged while inside the device.
- Pre-loaded with 100K resolution Canadian Topo maps.
- 8GB built-in memory for custom maps and charts.
- Accepts microSD card for memory expansion (not included).
- Includes carabiner clip, USB cable, and user manual.
|Display dimensions||5.5 x 3.6cm|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||16 x 6.1 x 3.6cm|
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
Waypoints consist of a standard set of coordinates (two for land, three for air or space) that identify a specific physical location. A route is navigated between two or more waypoints.
|Display type||Transflective colour TFT|
|Interface||USB and NMEA 0183|
Unit to unit transfer
Shares data wirelessly between compatible units.
A basic set of map data that is included with the GPS. Basemap detail may vary from unit to unit.
|Battery power indicator||Yes|
|Track log||10,000 points, 200 saved tracks|
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Add maps capability
These units allow you to add maps, so you can mark and name waypoints and create routes on your PC, and then upload the map of your choice to your GPS.
Barometer function helps forecast weather trends. An altimeter can provide one line of position for location on a topo map, useful if the GPS isn't working.
|Batteries||2 AA (not included)|
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
|Battery life||16 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|
A POI (point of interest) is a specific location that someone may find interesting (i.e., favourite viewpoint, best coffee stop before the trailhead). The custom POI feature allows the user to load only the POI's that interest them onto their GPS unit.