Be stable and stay grounded on long trail missions. These fast, bombproof runners provide excellent cushioning and stability. The outsoles provide state-of-the-art resilience and help you keep it nimble over any terrain.
- Uppers have lightweight, 3-layer support frames for security and protection.
- External mesh debris screens provide added protection.
- Lightweight TPU heel counters add stability.
- Hoka Race Lace system allows fast, on-the-fly adjustment.
- Midsoles are made with responsive HIP CMEVA foam for excellent shock absorption and a stable ride.
- Deep foot frames allow your feet to sink far into the midsoles for stability.
- Early-stage meta-rockers put the transition zones behind your metatarsal heads for a smooth ride and faster transitions to forefeet.
- Outsoles are 50% larger than traditional runners and feature RMAT compound for rebound and phenomenal grip.
- High-abrasion rubber in strategic zones adds exceptional durability.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.