Take them ski mountaineering, backcountry stash raiding, or on-hill charging. The Cosmos 2 are excellent all around boots for sustained ascents and technical, performance-oriented descents. Stiff enough to get solid performance out of your skis, they're comfortable for working your way up the switchbacks and navigating icy kick turns. Breathable liners can be used out of the box or thermoformed for custom fit.
- Shells are light, stiff Grilamid with a bi-material tongue for mobility.
- 4 micro-adjsutable buckles stay in place in tour mode with buckle catch system.
- PWR liner has a breathable membrane and can be thermomolded for custom fit. Adjustable Velcro tongue.
- Shock damper inserts in the inner sole act absorb shock when skiing.
- 60-degree cuff rotation promotes mobility.
- Sole is touring and tech compatible, Vibram® bi-density rubber that adds traction when hiking.
- Flex index is 130.
|Lower shell material||Grilamid|
Forward lean affects a skiers balance. Some boots have a set forward lean angle; some are adjustable. Less lean places your knees in a more upright (almost standing) position, whereas more lean positions your knees forward over the ball of your feet.
|Thermoformable inner boot||Yes|