If the word "winter" brings to mind cool grey drizzle rather than icicles and whiteouts, this is for you. The strategically placed fabrics and venting zips will keep you warm but not overheated while riding in mellow conditions.
- Front fabric is Windstopper® X-Fast 2, for windproofness and water-resistance. back of the jacket is Castelli® Warmer fabric, with a brushed interior to add a soft, cozy feel.
- Front zippered chest vents let your body's heat escape.
- 3 external rear pockets are good for storing gloves, eyewear, energy bars, etc.
- Full-length zipper down centre front.
- Reflective piping and tabs make you more visible when the world is just varying shades of gray.
- Silicone gripper at waist keeps it from riding up.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Venting||Zippered chest vents|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|