The lightweight aero package might make you think it's not up to much, but Castelli's wind and water resistant vest is a beast when it comes to cutting wind and protecting against the elements. A high collar keeps wind out, and a lower-back splash guard protects from wheel spray. Temperature regulating fabric in the back keeps you comfortable regardless of the conditions.
- Windstopper X-Lite Plus fabric on the front and shoulders offers up lightweight wind proofing and protection from the rain. Made from a blend of polyester, elastane, and synthetic fluoropolymer (PTFE).
- Back uses Nano Flex Lite polyester and elastane for ample movement and temperature regulation.
- Heat overlay across the lower back protects against wheel spray so you don't need to worry about a skunk tail when you're walking to the podium.
- Vest packs up small so it can come on every ride.
- Full-length Vislon zipper is backed with a wind flap.
- Rear reflective trim at hem keeps you seen in low-light conditions.
- Castelli rates this vest as best for 10-18°C.
- Wash in cold water. No bleach, no steam ironing, dry cleaning, tumble drying, or fabric softener.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
|Face fabric||Polyester + PTFE|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|