Cold weather doesn't need to be a deal breaker. Castelli designed this jacket to ensure that even when conditions are less than desirable, you're still out on your bike soaking up every minute. Brushed fleece fabric that keeps you warm and dry provides this jacket's base, with front and shoulder panels covered in wind protective fabric. A high level of air permeability and double-layer front construction manages moisture and vents impressively, and a body fit construction means zero drag to slow all of your hard work down.
- Castelli's Voile Whisper windproof fabric is used on the jacket's front and shoulders to ward off drafts in the areas most susceptible.
- Stretchy Warmer fabric insulates throughout the body, and takes care of moisture asap.
- Articulated collar provides a tight seal against the wind, both on and off the bike.
- Durable YKK Vislon front zipper.
- 1 front zippered pocket and 3 rear pockets allow plenty of room for gels, plus a zippered rear key pocket so you never have to scale your balcony after a long ride again.
- Reflective details on rear keep you visible in low light.
- Castelli rates this jacket as best for 10–18°C.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|