A tool for technical mountaineering and ice routes. The pick is tapered at the tip (3mm) for easy penetration in cold and brittle ice. But it's fat enough through the blade (4.2 mm) to take the abuse of hooking on ice or rock. Sliding hand supports help when you're pulling down, but don't prevent you from plunging the shaft if needed.
- Hot-forged chromoly shaft.
- Rubber grip offers some insulation and gives good purchase on the shaft.
- Reverse positive pick bites nice in hard ice.
- Sliding hand grip offer support when your pulling, but they slide on the shaft to facilitate plunging.
- Umbilical sling prevents "uh-oh" dropped tool moments.
- Includes leash.
|Ideal for||Ice climbing|
|Shaft material||Chromoly steel|